Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Joel Halbert <jo...@su3analytics.com> on 2008/11/07 13:12:06 UTC

Custom Wicket request Intercept Filter

Hi,

I'd like to be able to write something akin to a request Filter, but for
wicket requests, specifically I'd like it to be Page aware - i.e. it was
aware of the wicket Page class that the request was being forwarded to.
I'd like to do some custom validation in this class and based on the
result either continue to allow the request to hit the Page, or
otherwise redirect to another page.

What is the best pattern for applying such logic? Can i intercept wicket
requests before the Page is invoked?

Thx
Joel

--
SU3 Analytics Ltd
The Print House

Tel: +44 (0) 20 3051 8637
Fax: +44 (0) 20 8196 2215
Mob: +44 (0) 79 7431 0685
www.su3analytics.com

SU3 Analytics Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales under
company number 06639473 at registered address 61b Oxford Gardens, London
W10 5UJ, United Kingdom.

Re: Custom Wicket request Intercept Filter

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
This sounds almost like an authorization strategy, in which case you could
catch the component (page) creation and check it there.  (

IAuthorizationStrategy.isInstantiationAuthorized

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com