Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Graham Mann <gm...@adobe.com> on 2002/01/10 13:07:19 UTC

Unexpected Schema Validation errors

Hi,

Version 1.6.0 produces unexpected errors when validating a document against a schema.
I believe the issue is attributable to Xerces because other methods of validating the schema give it a clean bill of health (XMLSpy, XML-Authority and the Schema Quality Checker)

I've attached a Zip containing a copy of  the schema(s) and a sample document. I tested using a vanilla sample program, ie
DOMCount -n -s _test4.xml

This produced lots of errors of the form (which are related to its interpretation of the schema rather than instance errors)
Error at file D:\Schema\CIP4\b__2_28\Publish\JDF_Pass\_test4.xml, line 17, char 206
  Message: No circular definitions are allowed: 'http://www.CIP4.org/JDFSchema_1,FileSpec__'

I have tried using a single schema without 'including' - same results.

Re: Unexpected Schema Validation errors

Posted by Khaled Noaman <kn...@ca.ibm.com>.
Graham,

I would say in a month or so. This is not firm yet and is subject to
change.

Khaled

Posted by Graham Mann <gm...@adobe.com>.
Khaled,

Success!!  -  Thanks very much.

I've used the sources from xml-xerces_20020117052128.tar.gz - now all supposedly good files pass and all supposedly bad files report expected errors.
Should any new problems arise I'll keep you posted.

Graham Mann
Adobe Systems Europe Ltd.

Re: Unexpected Schema Validation errors

Posted by Khaled Noaman <kn...@ca.ibm.com>.
Graham,

A fix is now in CVS. Let us know if you are still getting validation errors.

Khaled

Posted by Khaled Noaman <kn...@ca.ibm.com>.
Graham,

I have put a fix in CVS and updated bugzilla.

Khaled

Posted by Graham Mann <gm...@adobe.com>.
Khaled,

Posted by Khaled Noaman <kn...@ca.ibm.com>.