Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Rollo, Dan" <DR...@ETS.ORG> on 2006/03/29 18:53:31 UTC

[m2.0.3] Embedder - How to build transitive Dependency/Artifact graph

I'm working on a CruiseControl SourceControl plugin for Maven2 Snapshots
using the Embedder.

First, apologies for mis-named api methods in the following description,
but I'm writing from foggy memory.

I can read the list of PluginDependencies using the MavenProject. I'd
like to build a full list of Artifacts that would include transitive
dependencies (in order to check and report on exactly what dependent
files have changed since the last build).

My current approach can only list the Artifacts specifically mentioned
in the pom.xml. The best I can do now is also run
ManvenProject.readProjectWithDependencies() to get the Embedder to
update all transitive dependencies, but I can't show a list of what was
updated.

Digging into the Embedder api, I can't see how to get a transitive
Artifact graph. Suggestions?

Finally, a simple question: If I have an Artifact object, is there an
easy way to query the Embedder to find the full path to that object in
the local repository? (Right now I'm just building the path using
groupID, artifactID, etc, but it feels like this should be exposed
somewhere by the Embedder.)

Sorry for the wandering description...need more sleep. ;)

Dan

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or confidential information.
It is solely for use by the individual for whom it is intended, even if addressed incorrectly.
If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute,
or take any action in reliance on the contents of this information; and delete it from
your system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited.

Thank you for your compliance.