Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2005/09/23 11:48:50 UTC

[RT] Are svn externals a good idea?

I'm just wondering if svn externals are a good idea wrt to versioning.
I just had to checkout an older version of 2.1.8-dev and checked out
that particular revision. Now unfortunately, the jcr block (and now the
forms block) is linked into the tree using a svn external. And although
I checked out an old version of the cocoon tree, I get the latest
version from the jcr block. So it's not that easy to get the exact
version of the whole tree. Or is there an easy way?

And what does this mean wrt to tagging a release (which is a copy of the
source tree)?

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

Re: [RT] Are svn externals a good idea?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 25.09.2005 15:15, Upayavira wrote:

>> I have another issue: We don't get commit mails for the gump
>> descriptor.
>
> Simplest way is svn log src/gump/modules.xml

Can we do it for cvs@c.a.o?

Jörg

Re: [RT] Are svn externals a good idea?

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> On 23.09.2005 11:48, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> I'm just wondering if svn externals are a good idea wrt to versioning.
>

> I have another issue: We don't get commit mails for the gump descriptor.
> Is this solvable? Does anybody know the archive for commits to gump
> repository?

Simplest way is svn log src/gump/modules.xml

Regards, Upayavira

Re: [RT] Are svn externals a good idea?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 26.09.2005 04:09, David Crossley wrote:

>>Does anybody know the archive for commits to gump repository?
>

> commits@gump.apache.org

Thanks, I found it when looking at the gump homepage. Before I only had
been looking the marc.theaimsgroup.com and gmane, both do not archive
this list.

Jörg

Re: [RT] Are svn externals a good idea?

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> I have another issue: We don't get commit mails for the gump descriptor.
> Is this solvable? Does anybody know the archive for commits to gump
> repository?

commits@gump.apache.org

-David

Re: [RT] Are svn externals a good idea?