Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2011/11/03 20:02:37 UTC

Re: Can you please guide me through step-by-step installation of Solr Cell ?

: Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error loading class 'solr.extraction.ExtractingRequestHandler'
:
: With the jetty and the provided example, I have no problem. It all happens when I use tomcat and solr.
:
: My setup is as follows:
:
: I downloaded the apache-solr-3.3.0 and unpacked it....I am using
: "apache-solr-3.3.0" folder as my solr-home folder. Inside the "dist"
: folder I have the apache-solr-3.3.0.war and coppied everything from the
: contrib/extraction/lib into dist.

just copying jars into "dist" isn't going to make things magically work
for you -- what matters is that your solr instance knows how to find those
plugin jars.  when you use the example jetty instance, the solrconfig.xml
file has <lib> directives with relative paths that indicate where to find
them.  If you use a differnet "solr home" dir and/or move files arround
then those <lib> directives are no longer going to work...

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPlugins#How_to_Load_Plugins
https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrConfigXml#lib

-Hoss