Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Motty Cruz <mo...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/11 22:37:35 UTC

CPU over provisioning ACS 4.4.1 Xen does not take effect

Hello All,

I have cpu.overprovisioning set to 2 on ACS 4.4.1 Xen restart
cloudstack-management service, after log in I get the alert CPU 81%. Any
ideas? I feel like whatever change I made does not take effect? do I
need to restart Xen Servers? I did xe-toolstack-restart.

Thanks,
Motty

Re: CPU over provisioning ACS 4.4.1 Xen does not take effect

Posted by Tejas Sheth <ts...@gmail.com>.
Hi Motty,

  I think the alert you are receving is about utilization of CPU resource
no the provisioning. If you get error such as " not enough resource
available" while deploying new instance cpu.overprovisioning helps but if
you are getting high CPU utilization then you need to change your VM
instance resource size.

Thanks,
Tejas

Posted by Motty Cruz <mo...@gmail.com>.