Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Steve R Burrus <bu...@swbell.net> on 2007/02/25 22:51:48 UTC

[users@httpd] setting up and apache and php.

can anyone please tell me where the direcive goes in apache's httpd.conf file :

# configure the path to php.ini
PHPIniDir "C:/php"

I am trying [again] to integrate apache with php and it is still not the most intuitive thing for me to do I must admit!

Re: [users@httpd] setting up and apache and php.

Posted by Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org>.
On Feb 25, 2007, at 1:51 PM, Steve R Burrus wrote:

> can anyone please tell me where the direcive goes in apache's
> httpd.conf file :
>
> # configure the path to php.ini
> PHPIniDir "C:/php"

It can go absolutely anywhere in the configuration file.

> I am trying [again] to integrate apache with php and it is still
> not the most intuitive thing for me to do I must admit!

I do the following four things:

LoadModule php5_module "d:/php-5.2.0/php5apache2_2.dll"
PHPIniDir "d:/myApacheServer/conf"
AddHandler php5-script php

DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php

There should already be a DirectoryIndex directive in your
configuration file, just add index.php to it if you want the
index.php files to be considered for serving when the user requests
a /directory/ on your server.

S. (wonder if we shouldn't include the AddHandler sample directives
in the
     default httpd.conf, commented out)

Open Source Software Consultant

ApacheCon 2007 Europe Early Bird Rate extended through March 1!
http://www.eu.apachecon.com/