Posted to users@camel.apache.org by myhumandreams <kv...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/11 12:15:29 UTC

Camel JBDC : Connection pooling

Camel JDBC is having support for Database connection pooling?

Or else it is just a connection like JDBC connection.

Re: Camel JBDC : Connection pooling

Posted by Pontus Ullgren <ul...@gmail.com>.
Not that it has anything to do with Camel but Spring JDBCTemplate does not
provide pooling either.

Just as with camel-jdbc the Spring JDBCTemplate uses the provided data
source and you will need to use a connection pool libraries or get a
container managed datasource pool.

// Pontus

Posted by myhumandreams <kv...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Claus...

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
That will do pooling, yes.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
camel-jdbc does not have any pooling.

It uses the provided data source to get a connection which is then
closed after usage.

Usually you can find connection pool libraries that can offer pooling
capabilities.

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 6:21 PM, myhumandreams
<kv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Taariq,
>
> But my doubt is like "camel-jdbc" component support any pooling internally?

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: Camel JBDC : Connection pooling

Posted by myhumandreams <kv...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Taariq,

Posted by Taariq Levack <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Yes, just configure a pooled datasource.

Taariq

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 12:15 PM, myhumandreams <