Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/01 09:41:10 UTC

Re: [vote] Release Apache Wicket 6.1.0

+1. I've built from the release sources, checked the binary
compatibilty and didn't find any issues.

The discovered bugs/regressions are unfortunate, but in 3 weeks is a
new release scheduled which gives us enough time to fix it. There's no
need to delay this one.

Martijn

Posted by Bruno Borges <br...@gmail.com>.
By the way, wicket 6.1 and the wicket-cdi were announced on JavaOne, during
my talk.

Great job everyone!

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christoph Leiter <ma...@christophleiter.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi Christoph,

--
Martin Grigorov
jWeekend

Re: [vote] Release Apache Wicket 6.1.0

Posted by Emond Papegaaij <em...@topicus.nl>.

Posted by Bruno Borges <br...@gmail.com>.
Is wicket-cdi coming up on this release?

I'm just curious... Anyway, I'm always up to new releases --> [X] Yes,
release

*Bruno Borges*
(11) 99564-9058
*www.brunoborges.com*

Posted by Emond Papegaaij <em...@topicus.nl>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> wrote:
>> I agree that it would be best to not release with this issue, but
>> there will always be issues, and if we wait for the perfect release,
>> we'll never get anything out of the door.
>
> Sure. This is true.
> But then there is no point to test our apps for the voting. Just check
> that the voted sources can be build. Easy!

We have tested our application with 6.1 and didn't uncover anything.
We run stock tomcats and jettys, so I don't think it is a major issue,
at least not a critical one (though the issue is reported as
critical).

> We have stopped releases before when there were similar regressions
> found by us or by our users. By just ignoring such reports during the
> vote we discourage our users to give us feedback for the next release
> votes.

We are not ignoring it, but assessing whether it warrants delaying the
other 20 issues that were solved.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 4:02 PM, Martijn Dashorst
<ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> wrote:
>> -0
>>
>> Did someone tried to debug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-4789 ?
>> It is related to url-encoded jsessionid so it may not be a corner
>> case. Maybe you didn't have problems with it because your app use the
>> cookie based approach.
>
> But is it severe enough to hold back this release? If this bug hits
> you (and cookie-less operation is important) don't upgrade to 6.1, but
> wait for 6.2?
>
> I agree that it would be best to not release with this issue, but
> there will always be issues, and if we wait for the perfect release,
> we'll never get anything out of the door.

Sure. This is true.
But then there is no point to test our apps for the voting. Just check
that the voted sources can be build. Easy!

I'm still -0 because this is a regression.
We have stopped releases before when there were similar regressions
found by us or by our users. By just ignoring such reports during the
vote we discourage our users to give us feedback for the next release
votes.

The problem with FilterForm is not a new one, so I agree it can wait.

Posted by Christoph Leiter <ma...@christophleiter.com>.
On 01.10.2012 15:02, Martijn Dashorst wrote:
> But is it severe enough to hold back this release? If this bug hits
> you (and cookie-less operation is important) don't upgrade to 6.1, but
> wait for 6.2?

It's not limited to Wicket applications which don't use cookies. This
always happens for the very first request when the container can't know
whether the browser supports cookies or not (unless, of course, the
container is configured not to do it).

Christoph

Re: [vote] Release Apache Wicket 6.1.0

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
-0

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.

Posted by Sebastien <se...@gmail.com>.
[x] Yes, release Apache Wicket 6.1.0 (non-binding)

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dashorst@gmail.com