Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "mr.andersen" <xm...@bec.dk> on 2008/06/13 11:10:55 UTC

SOAP/JMS waitResponse

Hi,

I having a problem with Threads when sending SOAP/JMS in cxf 2.1 using async
methods.

What I can see in the logs, where is no problems sending and recieving
messages from the queue.
The problems seams to occure when ClientImpl is waiting for a response.
I get: org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl waitResponse Timed out waiting for
response to operation {http://...

I have look a little in the code, and can see that ClientImpl is calling
waitResponse(exchange);
In that method the code is waiting for the state "exchange.finished" in the
Exchange.

I have tried to search all the code for "exchange.finished" - and I found
two places where it was used, and both places it was a
get("exchange.finished").

It looks like no one are setting the state!

Is it a bug or can anyone tell me how to fix.

Re: SOAP/JMS waitResponse

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
There is:
message.getExchange().put(FINISHED, Boolean.TRUE);
in ClientImpl.onMessage(....)
which should be triggering the finishing of the exchange.

Dan

On Jun 13, 2008, at 5:10 AM, mr.andersen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I having a problem with Threads when sending SOAP/JMS in cxf 2.1
> using async
> methods.
>
> What I can see in the logs, where is no problems sending and recieving
> messages from the queue.
> The problems seams to occure when ClientImpl is waiting for a
> response.
> I get: org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl waitResponse Timed out
> waiting for
> response to operation {http://...
>
> I have look a little in the code, and can see that ClientImpl is
> calling
> waitResponse(exchange);
> In that method the code is waiting for the state "exchange.finished"
> in the
> Exchange.
>
> I have tried to search all the code for "exchange.finished" - and I
> found
> two places where it was used, and both places it was a
> get("exchange.finished").
>
> It looks like no one are setting the state!
>
> Is it a bug or can anyone tell me how to fix.

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog