Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by magnetpest2k5 <gr...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/10 03:16:03 UTC

changing the couchdb storage path

Hello,

I am using couchdb 1.1.1 on Ubuntu 11.10. The couch database are stored in
/var/lib/couchdb. I want to change the path to other drive and I am not able
to find a solution for it. I found that I have to change the path in
etc/couchdb/local.ini file. I included a path parameter but that stopped the
couchdb to work. Can some one give me the exact way to set the path?

Thanks
Vineeth

Re: changing the couchdb storage path

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
(moving this to user@)

You need to change the database_dir, and index_dir properties under
[couchdb] in local.ini as this is where couchdb looks to find where it
should write data. You can either edit the files and restart couchdb
or you can do it via http (e.g, curl -X PUT
host:port/_config/couchdb/database_dir -d '"new path here"' (note:
that's a double quoted string inside single quotes).

B.