Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by fg...@yahoo.com on 2010/04/23 15:09:33 UTC

[users@httpd] Locating a web app with .htaccess

We are using Apache 2.2.3 on RHEL. We have a number of web applications
which occasionally get moved from directory to directory on the server.

Everything is relocatable except the apps need to know the directory in
which they live in order to find template files, etc..

How can we automatically/implicitly set, in a .htaccess file, an
environment variable to the directory containing that .htaccess file?
Something akin to

	SetEnv APPLICATION_ROOT  `pwd`

or

	SetEnv APPLICATION_ROOT `basename(.htaccess)`

to use a Bourne shell-ish.

			Fred