Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Peter Flynn <pf...@ucc.ie> on 2006/01/05 13:14:21 UTC

Re: [Exist-open] Re: Cocoon and eXist

On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 11:48, Jonas Lundberg wrote:
> Peter, I think you might want to integrate eXist with your existing
> Cocoon installation:
> http://wiki.exist-db.org/comments/CocoonInstall

Thanks, I'd somehow missed that page. I'll give it a try.

///Peter

Re: [Exist-open] Re: Cocoon and eXist

Posted by Peter Flynn <pf...@ucc.ie>.
On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 12:31, Huib Verweij wrote:
> Peter Flynn wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 11:48, Jonas Lundberg wrote:
> >
> >> Peter, I think you might want to integrate eXist with your existing
> >> Cocoon installation:
> >> http://wiki.exist-db.org/comments/CocoonInstall
> >>

> > Thanks, I'd somehow missed that page. I'll give it a try.
> >
> Hi,
>
> maybe I'm missing something, but if you integrate eXist with Cocoon,
> don't you exclude the possibility beforehand of moving eXist out to it's
> own server when the going get's rough? I have installed eXist on a
> separate machine and use XML-RPC to access it from cocoon. That way it
> doesn't matter where eXist is installed anymore, local and remote are
> the same (except for the initialisation of course). Isn't it also easier
> that way to upgrade eXist or cocoon independently?

I'm sure that is ideal if you can afford to buy a new machine for each
application. Unfortunately this is a university, so both cocoon and
exist must run on this PIII.

///Peter

Re: [Exist-open] Re: Cocoon and eXist

Posted by Huib Verweij <hu...@streamtec.nl>.
Peter Flynn wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 11:48, Jonas Lundberg wrote:
>
>> Peter, I think you might want to integrate eXist with your existing
>> Cocoon installation:
>> http://wiki.exist-db.org/comments/CocoonInstall
>>

> Thanks, I'd somehow missed that page. I'll give it a try.

Hi,

maybe I'm missing something, but if you integrate eXist with Cocoon,
don't you exclude the possibility beforehand of moving eXist out to it's
own server when the going get's rough? I have installed eXist on a
separate machine and use XML-RPC to access it from cocoon. That way it
doesn't matter where eXist is installed anymore, local and remote are
the same (except for the initialisation of course). Isn't it also easier
that way to upgrade eXist or cocoon independently?

Regards,

Huib.