Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Alistair Wilson <al...@oracle.com> on 2010/12/23 21:34:28 UTC

Build process question

Hi,

I'd like to confirm a step in our release process using the Nexus
repository.

We're getting the portlet bridge ready for release.  The release consist
of the maven artifacts which are deployed to a staging repository
(straightforward and documented by other projects), and archives for the
source, examples and distribution which are built outside "maven
release:perform" and will eventually be downloaded from the site.  In
previous releases these zip/tars were copied to people.apache.org for
review and then manually copied to the appropriate location to be
downloadable.  I'd just like to check this is still the case in the
world of Nexus.

Thanks,

Alistair

Re: Build process question

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi Alistair!

You can easily add those bundles to maven also. We have a few projects with their own 'distribution' or 'assembly' module which use the maven-assembly-plugin [1] to create those tar.gz and zip files. Usually the plugin is in a profile calles 'apache-release' or the while child-module only gets added in this profile, so this bundling will only be performed at release time.

Please see myfaces-core and myfaces-ext-cdi for an example.

LieGrue,
strub

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/

Posted by Alistair Wilson <al...@oracle.com>.