Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Kafka Life <li...@gmail.com> on 2021/11/08 20:25:32 UTC

Kafka : High avaialability settings

Dear Kafka experts

i have a 10 broker kafka cluster with all topics having replication factor
as 3 and partition 50

min.in.synch replicas is 2.

One broker went down for a hardware failure, but many applications
complained they are not able to produce /consume messages.

I request you to please suggest, how do i overcome this problem and make
kafka high available even during broker being down or during rolling
restarts.

IS there a configuration at a topic level i can set it up to have new
partition created in active and running brokers when a node is down ?
i read through ack -0/1/all to be set at application /producer end .But
applications are not ready to change ack all .
Can you please suggest .

many thanks in advance

Re: Kafka : High avaialability settings

Posted by sunil chaudhari <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
You can try reducing min.insynch replicas to 1

Posted by sunil chaudhari <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,