Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jeff Warner <je...@emazing.com> on 2000/08/21 20:56:18 UTC

Building mod_perl and mod_jserv into same apache

	We need to have mod_perl and mod_jserv in the same httpd file.  I can build
apache 1.3.9 for either mod_perl or mod_jserv using the appropriate make
commands from the install docs and they work fine.

	I've tried to build a mod_perl httpd and then use
		./configure \
		--prefix=/usr/local/apache \
	 	--activate-module=src/modules/jserv/libjserv.a

	on a apache build but then I get a mod_jserv httpd and mod_perl is gone.
If I try to activate-module for both mod_perl and mod_jserv I get a lot of
mod_perl errors.  Suggestions would be appreciated.

Jeff

Re: Building mod_perl and mod_jserv into same apache

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Jeff Warner wrote:

> 	We need to have mod_perl and mod_jserv in the same httpd file.  I can build
> apache 1.3.9 for either mod_perl or mod_jserv using the appropriate make
> commands from the install docs and they work fine.
>
> 	I've tried to build a mod_perl httpd and then use
> 		./configure \
> 		--prefix=/usr/local/apache \
> 	 	--activate-module=src/modules/jserv/libjserv.a
>
> 	on a apache build but then I get a mod_jserv httpd and mod_perl is gone.
> If I try to activate-module for both mod_perl and mod_jserv I get a lot of
> mod_perl errors.  Suggestions would be appreciated.

http://perl.apache.org/guide/install.html#Installation_Scenarios_for_mod_p

I think it should be easy to apply these notes to your case.

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://apachetoday.com http://jazzvalley.com
http://singlesheaven.com http://perlmonth.com   perl.org   apache.org