Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by Pe...@eclipso.de on 2020/06/25 17:41:57 UTC

Upload files on server side to windows

Hi,

I want to upload files from my linux server to a windows client over RDP.
The user has no access to this files, so he can not
use the browser for upload. I want automatically upload this files over the
guacamole tunnel. I found the createFileStream() methode
but it looks like this API is for a web client upload. My preferred environment
is a nodejs server.
Can I access the user tunnel on the server side and upload my file over RDP
to the client?
Can I use the share option to get the session? Then can I use this URL for
the tunnel?
Is it possible to share the session automatically with my node server over
the guacamole API?

Or perhaps you have a better way to send files over the guacamole API the
the windows client.

Thank you

Peter

---

Ihre E-Mail-Postfächer sicher & zentral an einem Ort. Jetzt wechseln und alte E-Mail-Adresse mitnehmen! https://www.eclipso.de

Re: Re: Re: Upload files on server side to windows

Posted by <Pe...@eclipso.de>.
Hi Nick,

you are right. It is not necessary to use the tunnel.
I use a RDP connection. I haven´t understand how guacamole really works.
But now I have seen there is a share folder for RDP sessions. I only need to copy my file
into the local share folder.
Sorry, for all the questions. The way is simple, how to copy the files to the client from the
guac-server.

THANK for the support

Peter

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Posted by <Pe...@eclipso.de>.
Hi Nick,

thank you for the answer.

> Von: Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
> Datum: 25.06.2020 21:09:09
> An: dev@guacamole.apache.org, Peter.Panzer@eclipso.de
> Betreff: Re: Upload files on server side to windows
>  On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 1:42 PM <Pe...@eclipso.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to upload files from my linux server to a windows client over RDP.
> You might have to clarify a bit what you mean by "linux server" and "windows client."  Generally, when thinking about Guacamole infrastructure, I think of the client as the system accessing Guacamole via a web browser, > and the server as either the system running Guacamole (Tomcat and/or guacd), and then the Remote Server as the one being accessed via Guacamole.

On the server side they are Tomcat and guacd. I have a RDP connection from guacd to a remote windows system (sorry, called that client). I want to transfer a file from the Tomcat/guacd-server over the RDP-guacamole-tunnel to the remote windows system (client).

> > The user has no access to this files, so he can not
> > use the browser for upload. I want automatically upload this files over the
> > guacamole tunnel. I found the createFileStream() methode
> > but it looks like this API is for a web client upload. My preferred environment
> > is a nodejs server.
> > Can I access the user tunnel on the server side and upload my file over RDP
> > to the client?
> Possibly so, but, again, this depends a little on what you mean by "server side."
>
> > Can I use the share option to get the session? Then can I use this URL for
> > the tunnel?
> The share option provides credentials that will then allow someone to access the tunnel, but it does not directly give you a link to the tunnel.
>
> > Is it possible to share the session automatically with my node server over
> > the guacamole API?
> >
> > Or perhaps you have a better way to send files over the guacamole API the
> > the windows client.
> >
> Maybe you can define terms a little more precisely, as suggested above, and tell us a high level what you're trying to accomplish and why.
We have a WF and when the file is approved it should be send in the same time as the as user is in the RDP connection.
I hope that I can use the share URL to access the tunnel.
Is there a other way to access the users tunnel and upload the file?

Thank you for your help

Peter

---

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.