Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by venkata prasad <pr...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/22 10:50:18 UTC

how to configure maven for already existing projects under subversion

Hi All,

 I had a java project under SVN version control system. I am compleetly new
to maven; so far worked on Ant.
Now I want to use maven as build tool for continuous integration. So far i
have done installation of maven and configured proxy settings in
settigns.xml file and ran "mvn clean command".

 Can some one guide me how to proceed further? Is it possible to create
POM.xml for already existing project?

Thanks In advance,
Ulli.

RE: how to configure maven for already existing projects under subversion

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Take a look at the new maven book: http://www.sonatype.com/book and also
you'll get better responses on the user list as this list is focused on
the development of maven itself.