Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Taranbir I Singh <ta...@in.ibm.com> on 2005/09/28 16:07:40 UTC

Logging File Should not be created, if ThreshHold = OFF

Hi,

I have disabled the logging through this code

log4j.rootLogger= ,TEST
log4j.appender.TEST=org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.TEST.File=c:/temp2/testRolling.txt
log4j.appender.TEST.DatePattern='.'yyyy-MM-dd
log4j.appender.TEST.Threshold=OFF

Now It is still creating testRolling.txt, I EVEN want to disable that.

1. I mean even if C:/temp2 folder is NOT existing it should not throw away
any error.
2. If C:/temp2  exists, it should NOT create "testRolling.txt", even
though its of 0 Bytes.

Any Idea how to achieve this?

Thanx in Advance