Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net> on 2009/01/17 03:40:11 UTC

Commit frequency

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to collect some data -- if you can share them -- about the
frequency of commit you have set on your index and at what rate did you find
it acceptable.  This is for a none-master / slave setup.

For my case, in a test environment, I have experimented with a 1 minute
interval (each 1 minute I commit anywhere between 0 to 10 new documents, and
0 to 10 updated documents).  While commit is ongoing, I'm also searching on
the index.

For this experiment, my index size is about 3.5 Gb, and I have about 1.2
million documents.  My experiment was done on a Windows 2003 server, with 4
Gb RAM and 3 GHZ 2x Xean CPU.

So, if you can share your setup, at least the commit frequency, I would
appreciate it.

What I'm trying to get out of this, is what's the lowest commit frequency
that Solr can handle.

Regards,

-- George