Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ti...@swisscom.com on 2007/03/19 10:49:14 UTC

site plugin fails

Hi!
This morning I out of the blue the site plugin fails with this exception

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT:site': Unable
to find the mojo
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT:site' in the
plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin'
org/apache/maven/doxia/module/xhtml/decoration/render/RenderingContext

When I left work on Friday everything was working alright, and nobody
has touched the system since. Apart from this specific failure, how can
I prevent that from happening, e.g. freeze a working system?

Tilman Rossmy
MC-TO-CPT-POA-IMD
Swisscom Mobile
Waldeggstrasse 51
3097  Liebefeld  BE
Phone: +41795932871

RE: site plugin fails

Posted by Ti...@swisscom.com.
ok thanks, yes somehow the following repository sneaked in to the master
pom:

          <pluginRepository>
            <id>mavenSnapshots</id>
            <name>Maven Snapshots</name>
            <snapshots>
                <enabled>true</enabled>
                <updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy>
                <checksumPolicy>warn</checksumPolicy>
            </snapshots>

<url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository</url>
            <layout>default</layout>
        </pluginRepository>

uncommenting that did the job. So the lesson is to avoid snapshot
versions if possible, I guess

Seems like you're pointing to the snapshot repo for some of your
artifacts. Remove that from your pom.

Also, "lock down" your artifact versions using <pluginManagement> and
<dependencyManagement> in parent poms with versions declared as
<version>[1.2.3]</version>.

Wayne

Re: site plugin fails

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.