Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Erik Beijnoff <er...@beijnoff.com> on 2003/03/19 20:43:46 UTC

Error page not found for own exception thrown from filter in Tomcat 5.0?

When I throw one of my own exceptions from a filter, I don't seem to be
able to specify an error page for that exception. Is this because it is
thrown from a filter, is it because I'm using an alpha of Tomcat, or am
I doing something wrong. The exception gets passed onto the default
error page of Tomcat 5.0.1 instead.

This is the error-page definition:
<error-page>

<exception-type>com.haywire.common.servlets.stylehandler.UndefinedValueE
xception</exception-type>
	<location>/WEB-INF/error/undefinedvalueexception.jsp</location>
</error-page>

The exception is the one shown above that gets thrown from the filter.
The error page is in that place. Still nothing?

Regards Erik Beijnoff
erik@addsystems.com
erik@beijnoff.com