Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by sujith <su...@richsoft.com> on 2002/07/19 02:38:07 UTC

configure JAMES for mailboxes for the 36 different domains.

Hi ,

We are having 36 domains spread across 36 different IP, running Apache Tomcat 4.04 .

I need to configure JAMES for mailboxes for the 36 different domains.

But in the FAQ it is said that no Virtual hosting is possible. Does that mean sujith@xxx.com  and sujith@yyy.com  cant be mapped on to the same JAMES ??

Or is it just say if www.xxx.com  and www.yyy.com  cant share the same IP?.

I am confused. Please help.

Thanks in advance
Sujith

N.P: I am a BIG fan of apache software foundation. My company said lets try M$ Exchange. I said no to M$ and YES to JAMES (cause i have tremendous faith in open source and apache guys).

RE: configure JAMES for mailboxes for the 36 different domains.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Sujith,

I am running a similar configuration right now with James.  The trick I'm
using is to create a standard James account for POP3 access, and then using
JDBCAlias with a mapping table so that sujith@xxx.com and sujith@yyy.com are
mapped to whatever local address is desired.  These can be the same or
different; whatever you load into the mapping table.

	--- Noel