Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by Arthur Smith <ar...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/10 18:13:25 UTC

clerezza.apache.org way out of date

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, I'm new here...

I ran across some references to clerezza and naturally went to
clerezza.apache.org - half the links are broken, it points to the wrong
mailing lists, has no mention of the git repo, etc. etc. It looked like the
project was dead. I couldn't believe it and did some more digging and found
this mailing list at least. Can we get the home page updated with recent
changes and status some time soon?

Here's what I thought was broken:

http://clerezza.apache.org/downloads/ :

1) Is 0.2-incubating really the latest? There's an 0.3 release from a year
ago (along with some others named) on github.

2) Source code download points to the wrong place:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/clerezza/trunk/ (nothing there)
presumably should be:
https://github.com/apache/clerezza
or should it be:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/clerezza/trunk/ ?? which is linked in the
left-hand nav list from most pages?

>From http://clerezza.apache.org/getting-started/ -

3) Documentation link points here:
http://clerezza.apache.org/documentation/
which (right now) seems to be empty

4) The "RESTful Web Service Framework (JAX-RS) Tutorial" and the following
2 "tutorial" links are broken (pointing to
incubator.apache.org/.../mvn-site/...)

5) On some pages (for example - http://clerezza.apache.org/architecture/)
the "API Docs" link in the left-hand nav list points to:
http://clerezza.apache.org/mvn-site
which is bad, should be
http://clerezza.apache.org/apidocs/
(I assume)

6) The Mailing Lists page linked from everywhere:
points to the old mailing lists:
clerezza-dev at incubator.apache.org
should be
dev@clerezza.apache.org
etc.

I'm still hoping to try it out, I just thought it would be helpful for
others coming in to be able to find out current project status a little
easier...

   Arthur Smith

Re: clerezza.apache.org way out of date

Posted by Reto Gmür <re...@wymiwyg.com>.
Hi Hasan,

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 4:04 PM, Hasan Hasan <ha...@trialox.org> wrote:

> Hi Reto, all
>
> I think I already used the new platform.editor since I compiled the latest
> code in repo
> and used tdb launcher to run zz.
>
> I got the following error when trying to open the graph and the resource
> (downloads/index.html):
>
> In Chromium:
> Uncaught ReferenceError: netscape is not defined util.js:170
> Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function widget-factory.js:957
>
> In FireFox:
> TypeError: Util.XMLHTTPFactory is not a function
> ...hr = Util.XMLHTTPFactory(); // returns a new XMLHttpRequest, or ActiveX
> XMLHTTP ...
> widget-factory.js (line 957)
>
> TypeError: netscape.security.PrivilegeManager is undefined
> 'enablePrivilege': netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege,
> util.js
> (line 170)
>
> This sound you are using the old editor whcih only works in old firefox
versions.

The one being built is in the platform.editor bundle. It accessed by adding
?mode=edit to the page you want to edit.

> I gave up and edit "some" files manually and deployed those files.
> Updating zz webpages is somehow complicated. I haven't checked all pages
> whether everything's
> alright. Would be glad if anyone can have a look.
> I wonder if we can edit for example the footer of pages in one place only.
> I have to edit the same
> links on many places, because they appear in each html file.

Most pages hould be generated by the HeadedPageRenderlet renderlet. The
static files should be avoided so that the footer has to be adapted only in
that renderlet.

> I hope at least the links on the webpages are up-to-date and not broken
> anymore.
>

> I also placed a doap.rdf file in the root path of
> clerezza.apache.orgwebsite.
> See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLEREZZA-910

Great thanks. The next step would be to add a renderlet for DOAP.

Cheers,
Reto

Posted by Hasan Hasan <ha...@trialox.org>.
Hi Reto, all