Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Fabio Wada <fa...@servix.com.INVALID> on 2018/08/17 18:21:47 UTC

Two different Hive instances running

Hi,

I am executing a insert into Hive table using SparkSession in Java. When I
execute select via beeline, I don't see these inserted data. And when I
insert data using beeline I don't see via my program using SparkSession.

It's looks like there are different Hive instances running.

How can I point to same Hive instance? Using SparkSession and beeline.

Thanks
ᐧ

Re: Two different Hive instances running

Posted by Vaibhav Kulkarni <va...@gmail.com>.
You can specify the hive-site.xml in spark-submit command using --files
option to make sure that the Spark job is referring to the hive metastore
you are interested in

spark-submit --files /path/to/hive-site.xml

From: Fabio Wada <fa...@servix.com.INVALID>
Date: Friday, August 17, 2018 at 11:22 AM
To: "user@spark.apache.org" <us...@spark.apache.org>
Subject: Two different Hive instances running

Hi,

I am executing a insert into Hive table using SparkSession in Java. When I execute select via beeline, I don't see these inserted data. And when I insert data using beeline I don't see via my program using SparkSession.

It's looks like there are different Hive instances running.

How can I point to same Hive instance? Using SparkSession and beeline.

Thanks
[mage removed by sender.]ᐧ