Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mike Perham <Mi...@webifysolutions.com> on 2006/02/24 17:40:38 UTC

[m2] Overall code quality summary reports

We have a nice working M2.0.2 build running in house with something like
40-50 modules and we are taking stock of some of the existing weaknesses
of this build system today.  Two things we would like to capture are
JavaNCSS numbers and Clover/Cobertura coverage for all modules and
create a single summary report to give management a higher-level view of
code and test quality with links to the individual module reports.

Right now we have to get the javancss numbers by hand for each module
and it is impossible to get the coverage numbers from the build at all.
Does M2 have anything like this in the works?

mike

Re: [m2] Overall code quality summary reports

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
This is something I've been looking into myself just recently. No easy
solutions as yet.

There's a Cobertura plugin already but there are issues, so you need
to wait until 2.0.3 is out to really use it -- this is all according
to things I've read, I don't use it myself (yet).

As for JavaNCSS, the jar is already checked into the Maven2 repo at:
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/javancss/

But I don't know of any plugins that would leverage it to create reports etc.

Wayne