Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Trevor Sullivan <pc...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/16 16:47:32 UTC

[users@httpd] Simple config problem?

Hello, I have a quick question. I was trying to install MediaWiki onto
my FreeBSD 5.2.1 server the other night and I was unable to access the
page after going through the MediaWiki configuration. It kept trying
to resolve the FQDN of the server (server.pharag.biz) when I accessed
the MediaWiki folder and my local workstation was unable to resolve
that. I know that I can resolve the server's NetBIOS name ("server")
by using Samba, which is also installed on it. I have a few other web
services installed that I am simply experimenting with for now, and
those work fine (HLStats, Psychostats, phpMyAdmin). But whenever I try
to goto //server/MediaWiki/index.php it always says that it can't
resolve server.pharag.biz. Can anyone tell me why it's forcefully
using the FQDN for the MediaWiki page and not the others? I tried
fixing this by doing some basic configuration of BIND on the same
server, but was unsuccessful at doing so. I also restarted Apache, to
no avail....now it  says "Connection refused when trying to access
127.0.0.1"...is it trying to pull from my workstation now?? Help
please!   :-)   And thanks in adv.