Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "G. Todd Miller - XML Tech Ctr - Development" <Gl...@Sun.COM> on 2002/03/25 13:28:53 UTC

Re: XSLTC fixes for XSLTMark tests/Cocoon/RFE

I looked into a bug submitted by Davanum Srinivas
<di...@yahoo.com> (3/11/02) to help him transform his stylesheet
(sitemap.xsl) using XSLTC.
 The problem that I see is that his stylesheet uses non-static
external java functions, and XSLTC does not support non-statics.
XSLTC only supports static external java methods-- this is logged in
bugzilla as an enhancement currently,  we are interested in doing this
work, its simply a manner of cycles/resources-- any interest in the
community to tackle this extension?

-Todd

  I also tried his stylesheet w/ Xalan, it also fails to transform it- but
  for different reasons.

cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org, Tom.Amiro@Sun.COM, "xalan-dev@xml.apache.org"

<xa...@xml.apache.org>, xsltc-team@east.sun.com
	>>                      03/13/2002 06:06         cc:       (bcc: Scott
Boag/Cambridge/IBM)
	>>                      PM                       Subject:  Re: XSLTC
fixes for XSLTMark tests
	>>                      Please respond to
	>>                      cocoon-dev
	>>
	>>
	>>
	>>
	>>
	>>
	>>Tom,
	>>
	>>That's good news. Can you please help us with running sitemap.xsl
against
	>>sitemp.xmap? This is a
	>>MAJOR stumbling block for us trying to use Cocoon2 with XSLTC.
	>>

>>http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-cocoon2/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/compo
nents/language/markup/sitemap/java/sitemap.xsl

	>>http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-cocoon2/src/webapp/sitemap.xmap
	>>
	>>Thanks,
	>>dims
	>>
	>>--- Tom Amiro <To...@Sun.COM> wrote:
	>>> Hi,
	>>>
	>>> The other week, there was a thread involving Jacek, XSLTC,
	>>> and XSLTMark. XSLTC had some bugs that affected the
	>>> dbrowone, alphabetize, and trend tests.
	>>>
	>>> We would like to inform those who may be interested that
	>>> those bugs have been fixed in the current CVS version of
	>>> XSLTC on Apache.
	>>>
	>>> --
	>>>  Tom Amiro -- SQA Engineer
	>>>  Sun XML Technology Development
	>>>  voice: 781-442-0589 Fax: 781-442-1437
	>>>  eMail: tom.amiro@.sun.com

	>>=====
	>>Davanum Srinivas - http://xml.apache.org/~dims/

G. Todd Miller                        Sun Microsystems Computer Company
Software Systems Engineer             2 Network Drive, MS UBUR02-201
GE&IS XML Tech Center                 Burlington, MA 01803-0903
                                      781 442-0176
                                      781 442-1437 (fax)
                                      todd.miller@east.sun.com