Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org> on 2004/03/17 09:41:45 UTC

[Vote] Guenter Knauf as commiter

Hi to all,

jk2 2.0.4 seems in a good shape and I'd like to thanks all of
you commiter, and tomcat-dev members for your feedback, patches
and time.

I'd like to see Guenter Knauf promoted to commiter since he
provided us may fine patches on jk2 and help make this release
happen.

We need more and more people involved in the native side of
jakarta-tomcat-connectors and Guenter show us these lasts week
that he's a good candidate.

Vote please, he's got of course my +1.

Re: [Vote] Guenter Knauf as commiter

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.
+1

Posted by Kurt Miller <tr...@apache.org>.
+1

-Kurt

From: "Henri Gomez" <hg...@apache.org>

Posted by Amy Roh <am...@apache.org>.
+1  Welcome.  :-)

Amy

Posted by Galam <ny...@yahoo.com>.

+1.

Althogh I am not yet a tomcat developer, but  please count my votes. I am always a strong supporter of tomcat and I've started to looking into the tomcat source code and hoping to contribute to this great product sometime soon.  Thanks everyone!

Galam.

Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> wrote:Henri Gomez wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> jk2 2.0.4 seems in a good shape and I'd like to thanks all of
> you commiter, and tomcat-dev members for your feedback, patches
> and time.
>
> I'd like to see Guenter Knauf promoted to commiter since he
> provided us may fine patches on jk2 and help make this release
> happen.
>
> We need more and more people involved in the native side of
> jakarta-tomcat-connectors and Guenter show us these lasts week
> that he's a good candidate.
>

> Vote please, he's got of course my +1.

+1

R�my

Re: [Vote] Guenter Knauf as commiter

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Henri Gomez wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> jk2 2.0.4 seems in a good shape and I'd like to thanks all of
> you commiter, and tomcat-dev members for your feedback, patches
> and time.
>
> I'd like to see Guenter Knauf promoted to commiter since he
> provided us may fine patches on jk2 and help make this release
> happen.
>
> We need more and more people involved in the native side of
> jakarta-tomcat-connectors and Guenter show us these lasts week
> that he's a good candidate.
>

> Vote please, he's got of course my +1.

+1

Rémy

Re: [Vote] Guenter Knauf as commiter

Posted by Jeanfrancois Arcand <jf...@apache.org>.
+1

-- Jeanfrancois

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
+1

-Tim

Posted by Costin Manolache <cm...@yahoo.com>.
Henri Gomez wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> jk2 2.0.4 seems in a good shape and I'd like to thanks all of
> you commiter, and tomcat-dev members for your feedback, patches
> and time.
>
> I'd like to see Guenter Knauf promoted to commiter since he
> provided us may fine patches on jk2 and help make this release
> happen.
>
> We need more and more people involved in the native side of
> jakarta-tomcat-connectors and Guenter show us these lasts week
> that he's a good candidate.
>

> Vote please, he's got of course my +1.

+1 :-)

Costin

Re: [Vote] Guenter Knauf as commiter

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.
On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 10:00:37AM +0100, Henri Gomez wrote:

> Well there is now at least 4 persons on this list which track http-dev,
> Guenter, Mladen, Jean-Frederic and I.

I also track httpd-dev. :-)

Re: [Vote] Guenter Knauf as commiter

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Guenter Knauf wrote:
> Hi all,
> thank you all for your votes!
>
> I want to introduce a bit who I am and what I'm doing when I'm not on the list.
> I'm a self-employee, and my daily work is mainly keeping the various servers (NetWare, Linux, Win32) of my customers running. In addition I also write interfaces to special databases, backup scripts, tools, etc., all very special for my customers. I do a lot with Perl and PHP, but NetWare often forces me to write in C since some of the scripting languages lack of functions which I have on Linux and Win32.
> In my freetime I maintain my website with a couple of Apache module binaries as well as Apache self. I started initially only with NetWare binaries, that was with Apache 1.3.12; later I added Win32 binaries because I always needed to have something to compare to see if issues are NetWare only, or apply to all suported platforms. Win32 was the choice because of the similar file system structure, both have 'drive letters', on NetWare they are called volumes, and can be much longer than only one letter (but minimum I think 2 chars, or is it 3?).
> Meanwhile I have Win32 downloads ten times as much as NetWare...
> Also I'm a SysOp of the Novell Developer forums, and try to help there other developers in getting their Apache1|2 / Perl / PHP problems solved. Also I maintain mod_edir which is a Novell OpenSource module for access control.
> This is my relationship to Novell, and although I get an _excellent_ support from Novell, I'm not hired.
> How came I to this list?? Well, mostly Norm and other developers on the forums where guilty for that. There were always questions about 'when will we get mod_jk2 on NetWare?' which I couldnt ask, and Norm kept the ball in move consequently, he tried everything he could manage from his side, but he had to struggle always because our official compiler is is a $$$$ thing which nobody buys just for fun, just like MSVC. Although meanwhile we have also gcc available, we have still issues with the builds together with Apache (alignment stuff, bitfiels in Apache).
> Well, now I can answer the questions in the forums that we _have_ mod_jk2 for NetWare..., smile...
> so thanks again to all for their patience with all the commits!

That was one my second idea ;=)

Put you to commiter status to save me from commiting your works ;-)

> my main focus for the future will be JK and JK2 connectors, keep them compilable with latest Apache2.1 on NetWare, Win32 and Linux
>(I'm also on the httpd dev list, and seems that we will soon get a first 2.1.0, thanks Sander!).

Well there is now at least 4 persons on this list which track http-dev,
Guenter, Mladen, Jean-Frederic and I.

Welcome on board Guenter

Re: [Vote] Guenter Knauf as commiter

RE: [Vote] Guenter Knauf as commiter

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
+1

Mark

From: Henri Gomez [mailto:hgomez@apache.org]

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

I was going to propose him by myself too :)

> We need more and more people involved in the native side of
> jakarta-tomcat-connectors and Guenter show us these lasts
> week that he's a good candidate.

The more the merrier ;-)

MT.