Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Rimov <ri...@centercomp.com> on 2001/09/19 22:57:32 UTC

[TC4] Decreasing Startup Times

Hello All,

A quick question. I'm trying to decrease startup times for my own debugging
Tomcat copy by not using the Secure Random Generator and using my own
entropy.  Here's a snippet of what I have for each context in server.xml:

<Context path="" docBase="ROOT" debug="0" reloadable="false">
	<Manager randomClass="java.util.Random" entropy="test"/>
</Context>

Based upon my startup times, obviously I'm doing something wrong. :)  Any
suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  [I'm using TC 4 Release Build]

Thanks!
						-Mike