Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by vybe3142 <vy...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/30 23:33:58 UTC

How do I use localparams/joins using SolrJ and/or the Admin GUI

Here's a JOIN query using local params that I can sucessfully execute on a
browser window:

When I paste the relevant part of the query into the SOLR admin  UI query
interface,
{!join+from=join_id+to=id}attributes_AUTHORS.4:4, I fail to retrieve any
documents

The query transaltes to :

Server stack trace

There appears to be some sort of URL translation going on but I'd like to
understand how to make this work.

Next, I'd like to understand how to make this work with SOLRJ

Re: How do I use localparams/joins using SolrJ and/or the Admin GUI

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@googlemail.com>.
On Monday, April 2, 2012 at 2:00 PM, Stefan Matheis wrote:
> On Friday, March 30, 2012 at 11:33 PM, vybe3142 wrote:
> > When I paste the relevant part of the query into the SOLR admin UI query
> > interface,
> > {!join+from=join_id+to=id}attributes_AUTHORS.4:4, I fail to retrieve any
> > documents
>
> Just go and paste the raw content into the form, then you'll get the expected result. if you put in + Characters they will the escaped and result in %3B (as Erick already said)

Sorry, perhaps not clear enough .. raw content in this case means:

{!join from=join_id to=id}attributes_AUTHORS.4:4

.. space as space and not already escaped as +

Re: How do I use localparams/joins using SolrJ and/or the Admin GUI

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Thanks All, that worked (both via SOLRJ and the admin UI)

Posted by vybe3142 <vy...@gmail.com>.
The query in question should be:

Re: How do I use localparams/joins using SolrJ and/or the Admin GUI

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@googlemail.com>.
On Saturday, March 31, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:
> Shouldn't that be the other way? The admin UI should do any necessary
> escaping, so those "+" chars should instead be a spaces?

We can, but is this really what you'd expect?

Re: How do I use localparams/joins using SolrJ and/or the Admin GUI

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Gaaaah, of course it should be the other way. That'll teach me to not
try to listen to "wait wait, don't tell me" and reply to the list at the
same time...

Thanks,
Erick

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Try escaping the '+' with %2B (as I remember).

Your stack trace didn't come through, at least by the time
it got to my mail so Im guessing a bit.

Best
Erick