Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Rettig Christoph <ch...@siemens.at> on 2001/04/30 02:22:41 UTC

Re:Re.Re: %table%-classes & limit on peer-objects :((

You can add the dtd to
WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/turbine/torque/engine/database/transform/data
base.dtd

  It is already there as with tdk1.1a13:) but on my windows-nt machines
  it was not found and so I'm using my local path - this works fine.

and it should be found locally.  I would prefer not to add the dtd to
the xml file, but am not that opposed, if you want to propose it
formally, you could find out if others think it is a good solution.

  I think that a hint in the turbine doc telling that it maybe not work
  on some platforms would be enought for everybody :>

It would be good to get user confirmation on this, or better docs, etc.
One way to not get the drop/create table commands is to use <table
skipSql="true"> attribute.

  I would prefer some sort of "create table if not exists" and especially
  a "create database if not exists" - this should work with most of the
  databases and solves the problem of loosing data by accident. Maybe
  a force-create flag with the database and the tables would be better
  because the users should know what happens in this case (because they
  have to manually set this).

We want improvement in documentation, but please follow the xdocs format
and try to fit your information into the present structure.

  I will do my best - I expect the xdocs-format to be published somewhere
  at the turbine-site??