Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by miki sun <su...@hotmail.com> on 2006/03/16 12:07:13 UTC

IndexFiles

Hi

I am trying to use Lucene1.9.1 to index files on my computer.

According to the FAQ of the website:
- What Java version is required to run Lucene?
Lucene 1.4 will run with JDK 1.3 and up but requires at least JDK 1.4 to
compile. Lucene >= 1.9 requires Java 1.4.

But I got the following error message:

C:\>java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFile T:\Bible\1\
Registry key 'Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\CurrentVersion'
has value '1.4', but '1.3' is required.
Error: could not find java.dll
Error: could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment.

Can anyone advice me on this? Thanks

Miki

Re: IndexFiles

Posted by miki sun <su...@hotmail.com>.
Thank you for reply, my Java run time environment did not work, that's why.
It is fixed now.

Miki

The registry setting is probably irrelevant.  What does "java - version"
report?

	Erik

Re: IndexFiles

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.