Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Jakarta Tomcat Newsgroup (@Basebeans.com)" <ja...@basebeans.com> on 2002/07/15 17:10:01 UTC

Installing Tomcat 4.0.4 on Red Hat 7.3 with RPM packages

Subject: Installing Tomcat 4.0.4 on Red Hat 7.3 with RPM packages
From: "Matt Raible" <ma...@raibledesigns.com>
 ===
I downloaded tomcat4-4.0.4-full.2jpp.noarch.rpm from
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.4/rpms/

And I've installed it and can successfully start it.  However, when I got to
view a page (basically, the ROOT context), I get the following error:

Apache Tomcat/4.0.4 - HTTP Status 500 - No Context configured to process
this request

----

type Status report

message No Context configured to process this request

description The server encountered an internal error (No Context configured
to process this request) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

----

So I did some checking and no webapps exist in $CATALINA_HOME/webapps.  Is
this "as designed" - is there a different RPM I should be downloading that
contains all the default webapps - or at least ROOT?

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Installing Tomcat 4.0.4 on Red Hat 7.3 with RPM packages

Posted by "Joseph L. Savard" <Li...@savard.us>.
Here is a link you should be looking for...

A person from another group has been working with IIS and TOmcat and his suggestion is
this link!

http://www.vacodi.com/howto/tomcat/iisnt/index.html