Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by William Hopkins <wc...@hotmail.com> on 2018/07/20 11:58:37 UTC

PDF cpnverter

Hi, I wanted to download a PDF converter to go with Open Office but when I searched and came up with one my computer warned me against downloading it, Can you send me a link to an authentic download so I can be sure of it, Thanks, Bill Hopkins

Re: PDF cpnverter

Posted by Alan B <ab...@gmail.com>.
William, all the pdf converters for Windows that I've found recently come
with bundled software that either I don't want or that flags the
antivirus/malware program. Even using their custom install features I still
see many adds or upgrade prompts after install. All undesirable.

OpenOffice apps all have a menu options File >> Export as PDF... (except
Math which has File >> Export...)

Have you tried that option to create pdfs?

It eliminates the need for a 3rd party pdf printer driver.

If you must have a pdf printer I suggest trying Foxit PDF Reader from
Foxitsoftware.com. As the name suggests it is a PDF reader. It also
installs a PDF printer and, imo, the install is much easier to recognize
and unselect bundled software.

--
Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011