Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by kc...@valdosta.edu on 2006/05/30 19:06:15 UTC

[users@httpd] authnz_ldap

I am able to password protect a directory using an account to bind with
like so:

AuthType Basic
AuthName "Please Login"
AuthBasicProvider ldap
AuthLDAPURL
"ldap://server.edu:389/ou=People,o=valdosta.edu,o=cp?uid?sub?(objectClass=*)"
AuthLDAPBindDN "uid=kckepple,ou=People,o=valdosta.edu,o=cp"
AuthLDAPBindPassword "******"
AuthzLDAPAuthoritative Off
require valid-user

What I'd prefer is a way to use the user's own credentials to bind to
instead of a specific account. Is there a way to do this? I cannot do
annon because it is disabled at the LDAP server for other reasons.

Thank you,

--
Kyle Keppler
Valdosta State University

Re: [users@httpd] authnz_ldap

Posted by Mika Borner <Mi...@clariden.com>.
This works for me

<Location /auditlog>
        AuthType Basic
        AuthName "AuthName"
        AuthBasicProvider ldap
        AuthLDAPURL ldap://ldap1/o=Organisation?uid
        require ldap-attribute ou=SomeOu
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Location>

>>> kckepple@valdosta.edu 05/30/06 7:06 pm >>>

I am able to password protect a directory using an account to bind with
like so:

AuthType Basic
AuthName "Please Login"
AuthBasicProvider ldap
AuthLDAPURL
"ldap://server.edu:389/ou=People,o=valdosta.edu,o=cp?uid?sub?(objectClass=*)"
AuthLDAPBindDN "uid=kckepple,ou=People,o=valdosta.edu,o=cp"
AuthLDAPBindPassword "******"
AuthzLDAPAuthoritative Off
require valid-user

What I'd prefer is a way to use the user's own credentials to bind to
instead of a specific account. Is there a way to do this? I cannot do
annon because it is disabled at the LDAP server for other reasons.

Thank you,

--
Kyle Keppler
Valdosta State University

This message is intended for the addressee only and may
contain confidential or privileged information. If you
are not the intended receiver, any disclosure, copying
to any person or any action taken or omitted to be taken
in reliance on this e-mail, is prohibited and may be un-
lawful. You must therefore delete this e-mail.
Internet communications may not be secure or error-free
and may contain viruses. They may be subject to possible
data corruption, accidental or on purpose. This e-mail is
not and should not be construed as an offer or the
solicitation of an offer to purchase or subscribe or sell
or redeem any investments.