Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Liz Anderson <la...@earthlink.com> on 2001/03/14 01:36:13 UTC

trying to get started with Struts 1.0b1

Im trying to convert an example app that was running in struts .5 (its the
auctionstation3 for those of you familiar with that example) to run in
1.0b1. I am getting the following error when i startup tomcat when it gets
to my app:

Digester.getParser:
java.lang.SecurityException: sealing violation
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:234)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:286)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:313)
        at
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance(SAXParserFactory.java:
92)
        at org.apache.struts.digester.Digester.getParser(Digester.java:244)
        at org.apache.struts.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:716)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initMapping(ActionServlet.java
:1301)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:465)
        at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.initServlet(ServletWrapper.java
:315)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.loadServlet(ServletWrapper.java
:276)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.context.LoadOnStartupInterceptor.contextInit(LoadOn
StartupInterceptor.java:132)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.initContext(ContextManager.java
:227)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.init(ContextManager.java:201)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:156)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:163)

Have any of you ever seen this when starting tomcat? It does start and stays
running, when I run my app I get more strange errors.
Thanks for any help...

Liz

I want to de-session my STRUTS app

Posted by Girish Haran <gi...@biddersedge.com>.
My app is currently heavily reliant on sessions and I want to reverse that so that
all bean passing is effected through the request object.
What is the easiest way to do this?

The action tag that is part of the STRUTS config scheme appears to have a scope
parameter that I thought is used by Struts html tags to get hold of the form
beans. Assuming that this was the case, I

   * added scope="request" in my actions
   * made sure that my aplication specific action classes (that inherit Action)
     place the form beans in the request

and kept my STRUTS HTML tags the same in the JSPs i.e no scope sepcification in
the form tag etc.

This did not work and I keep getting NullPointerException in FormTag.java (of
course, to test this I had to disable sessions in my app server (Resin))

The only way it works is if the STRUTS Form tags include the scope parameter to
point to request.

While I can change all my JSPs, I was wordering if there was a more elegant
solution to my problem.
Thanks
--
Girish Haran
Director of Engineering

Re: trying to get started with Struts 1.0b1

Posted by Robert Leland <Ro...@free2create.org>.
I had the exact similar problem a few weeks ago when trying to
build struts with ant. I was told that this usually happens
when either the xercies(sp ?) library is in the class path
before the jaxp.jar or there is an old parser.jar in the class path.
Either way it is a classpath problem, once I took care of that it
worked ok.  I can't recall more, though I did get some insightful
explinations.

So search the struts www.mailing-archive.com for 'sealing violation'.
Also check the ant mailing list as I have sen this mentioned in there also.

-Rob

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Liz Anderson wrote:

> Im trying to convert an example app that was running in struts .5 (its the
> auctionstation3 for those of you familiar with that example) to run in
> 1.0b1. I am getting the following error when i startup tomcat when it gets
> to my app:
>
> Digester.getParser:
> java.lang.SecurityException: sealing violation

The most common cause of "sealing violation" errors is when you have more
than one XML parser visible to your web application, and one of them is
the JAXP 1.0 or 1.1 release (in which jaxp.jar and crimson.jar are both
"sealed").

Since you are running Tomcat 3.x, the XML parser that it uses (normally
found in the $TOMCAT_HOME/lib directory) is already visible to web apps,
so you don't need to add a second one in WEB-INF/lib.

If that's not the problem, check your class path and/or system extensions
directory ($JAVA_HOME/jre/ilb/ext) for extra XML parsers.

> Liz

Craig