Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alexander Sack <pi...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/07 20:44:16 UTC

Javadoc plugin issues again

Hi All:
I'm trying to wrap up our build process and I'm having again more trouble
with the javadoc plugin (v2.3).  I have a multi module project organized:

pom.xml
module1
  pom.xml
module2
  pom.xml
etc.

In module1 (first one compiled, etc.), I have a simple pom that specifies
some dependencies for a jar module.  I've added to it:

<reporting>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <configuration>
                <debug>true</debug>
                <verbose>true</verbose>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </reporting>

Note:  FAQ mentions debug, Usage mentions verbose, I included both

When I run mvn javadoc:javadoc, Velocity starts but NO javadoc is generated.
 Do I have to specify something in the configuration that translates to the
@packages that gets passed to javadoc commandline Maven executes?  Has
anyone seen this before (the build is completely SUCCESSFUL minus the
javadoc stage).

I faced this once before and had to use the "site" build phase to get it to
go but I really want to avoid it (it generates a lot of unnecessary files).

Thanks!

-aps

--
"What lies behind us and what lies in front of us is of little concern to
what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: Javadoc plugin issues again

Posted by Damien Lecan <ml...@dlecan.com>.
> Yeah that works (and I've tried that), but why doesn't
> mvn javadoc:javadoc
> work?  Am I reading the javadoc plugin documentation incorrectly.  That
> should work if I JUST want to generate javadoc.

Reporting section of pom file is only used with site generation.

If you want to configure javadoc plugin execution, configures it
outside of reporting section as any other plugins.

Damien

Re: Javadoc plugin issues again

Posted by Alexander Sack <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Damien Lecan <ml...@dlecan.com>.