Posted to users@apex.apache.org by chiranjeevi vasupilli <ch...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/25 05:53:37 UTC

monitoring STRAM events for killed containers

Hi Team,

I would like to monitor my running application so as to find any containers
getting killed while job is running.

can you please suggest the best approach and reference docs.

Thanks
Chiranjeevi V

Re: monitoring STRAM events for killed containers

Posted by Munagala Ramanath <ra...@datatorrent.com>.
One way is to use an external process that invokes appropriate REST API
calls and checks
results. An sample Python script to do this for the application as a whole
is at:
https://github.com/DataTorrent/examples/blob/master/tools/monitor.py

The REST API is documented at: http://docs.datatorrent.com/dtgateway_api/
The call "*GET /ws/v2/applications/{appid}/physicalPlan/operators"* gives
you a list of operators
along with a *status* field; there is also a wealth of additional fields
for each operator if you
want to do more sophisticated monitoring.

Ram

Posted by Priyanka Gugale <pr...@apache.org>.
You can get events of running app using rest api. If you container gets
killed you will get ContainerStop event. You can keep looking for such
events.
Here is the reset api call:
http://host:port/ws/v2/applications/application_id/events
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A9005%2Fws%2Fv2%2Fapplications%2Fapplication_1479211015219_0432%2Fevents%3Flimit%3D50&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGnExHQURHVbhzzSuxFF8Czfw6bmw>