Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Lars Hecking <lh...@nmrc.ucc.ie> on 2003/11/20 18:10:14 UTC

[users@httpd] Unresolved symbols on Solaris

 Solaris 9 8/03 SPARC
 gcc 2.95.3
 Solaris /usr/ccs/bin compiler tools
 apache 1.3.29/mod_ssl-2.8.16-1.3.29/openssl-0.9.7c/mm-1.1.3

 I am configuring/building/installing apache exactly the same way as always.
 All works fine under Solaris 8 (same machine), but not Solaris 9:

# ./apachectl start
Syntax error on line 205 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_mmap_static.so into server: ld.so.1: /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_mmap_static.so: symbol ap_null_cleanup: referenced symbol not found
./apachectl start: httpd could not be started

 I tried compiling all modules statically into the server, no dso support,
 but ran into problems with mod_layout.

 A Google search did not produce anything helpful.

 Any ideas? I have apache2 running successfully on a Solaris 9 box, but the
 web site in question needs some rework to be usable with it (modules, local
 scripts and cgi).

Re: [users@httpd] Directory Listing

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Duane Barnes wrote:

> How do you turn on directory listing for a particular virtual host?

See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#indexes

Joshua.

[users@httpd] Directory Listing

Posted by Duane Barnes <db...@power1.com>.
How do you turn on directory listing for a particular virtual host?