Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by RANGA CHANDRA GUDIVADA <ch...@hotmail.com> on 2015/08/08 18:12:21 UTC

Error while running DrugMentionAnnotator.xml

Hello All,

I am getting the below error while trying to run the analysis engine "DrugMentionAnnotator.xml" from user install CVD.  Please let me know if anyone has similar issues and were able to successfully fix it.

Ctakes Version used : apache-ctakes-3.2.2
Ctakes Resources : ctakes-resources-3.2.1.1-bin

Caused by: org.apache.uima.cas.CASRuntimeException: JCas type "org.apache.ctakes.drugner.type.FrequencyAnnotation" used in Java code,  but was not declared in the XML type descriptor.
    at org.apache.uima.jcas.impl.JCasImpl.getType(JCasImpl.java:412)
    at org.apache.uima.jcas.impl.JCasImpl.getCasType(JCasImpl.java:436)
    at org.apache.uima.jcas.impl.JFSIndexRepositoryImpl.getAnnotationIndex(JFSIndexRepositoryImpl.java:80)
    at org.apache.ctakes.drugner.ae.DrugMentionAnnotator.removeAnnotations(DrugMentionAnnotator.java:306)
    at org.apache.ctakes.drugner.ae.DrugMentionAnnotator.removeDrugNerTypes(DrugMentionAnnotator.java:299)
    at org.apache.ctakes.drugner.ae.DrugMentionAnnotator.process(DrugMentionAnnotator.java:260)
    ... 45 more

Thanks
Chandra

RE: Error while running DrugMentionAnnotator.xml

Posted by RANGA CHANDRA GUDIVADA <ch...@hotmail.com>.
Pei, Thanks for your response and at the moment I am not
really building any complex pipelines. I am merely running the “DrugMentionAnnotator.xml”
from the standalone “runctakesCVD.bat”.  The
original descriptor “DrugMentionAnnotator.xml” file did had the following when
I downloaded it.

<typeSystemDescription>

<imports>

<import
name="org.apache.ctakes.drugner.types.TypeSystem"/>

</imports>

</typeSystemDescription>

Here I tried to outline the entire workflow that I did
before posting my first error message in the forum,

Step1:  Ran the out-of-box
“DrugMentionAnnotator.xml” and got the below error, As I mentioned before, the
downloaded descriptor did had the above xml snippet, but still threw this error,

Caused by: org.apache.uima.cas.CASRuntimeException: JCas
type "org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.textspan.Segment" used in
Java code,  but was not declared in the
XML type descriptor.

                at
org.apache.uima.jcas.impl.JCasImpl.getType(JCasImpl.java:412)

                at
org.apache.uima.jcas.impl.JCasImpl.getCasType(JCasImpl.java:436)

                at
org.apache.uima.jcas.impl.JFSIndexRepositoryImpl.getAnnotationIndex(JFSIndexRepositoryImpl.java:80)

                at
org.apache.ctakes.drugner.ae.DrugMentionAnnotator.process(DrugMentionAnnotator.java:236)

Step 2: By looking at various user posts in the forum, I found
that adding the following to the “DrugMentionAnnotator.xml” should solve the
issue

<imports>

<import name="org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.types.TypeSystem"/>

</imports>

After adding , the <typeSystemDescription>  was changed to below

<typeSystemDescription>

<imports>

                 <import
name="org.apache.ctakes.drugner.types.TypeSystem"/>

</imports>

<imports>

                  <import
name="org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.types.TypeSystem"/>

                </imports>

</typeSystemDescription>

Step 3: Ran the ““DrugMentionAnnotator.xml” again with
the changes and got the below error. I can see that the earlier error was by
passed but got a new one

[...]

Not sure what’s happening here. Was wondering anyone else
had similar situations to deal with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ThanksChandra

Posted by Pei Chen <ch...@apache.org>.