Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net> on 2004/06/18 20:42:43 UTC

Re: [WIKI-UPDATE] CocoonUserGroupChicago HTMLTidy MikWanna MalcolmCleaton LenyaUserMeetingSpain2004 ANewPage Manfred LeftMenu WoodyScratchpad LenyaUserMeetingSpain2004Comments .NET HowTos People Fri J

gounis@osmosis.gr dijo:

> i'will make a try to clean up the spammed pages
>
> the spammer is comming  from 	61.170.195.13
> is it possible to deny the access to wiki from this ip?

Already we are doing that. It is helping a lot, but it is not a "total
solution". Some people get IP address from a pool. They can get another IP
address next time they connect to the internet or startup the computer,
even when they using a cablemodem,DSL or so. It depends of the ISP. But we
are closing the window. If you note this was not happened for a while.
Before we starting blocking IPs, similar vandalism as today was our "every
day bread". ;-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.