Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Oki DZ <ok...@bdg.pindad.com> on 2001/05/21 09:34:20 UTC

Outgoing mail spool

Hi,

Has anyone been successful on storing the outgoing mail spool on a
database?
I'm experiencing some lost files on the outgoing spool on filesystem.
And when a file is lost, it seems that there's nothing can be done
except backing up the files in ../james/spool/outgoing to a safe place.
I think that if the spool is stored in the database, then the messages
would be easily retrieved and be send back to the senders.

Problem is, if I had the following in the config file, then James
wouldn't start; there'd be some errors on the database (duplicate
entries).
<mailet match="All" class="RemoteDelivery">
  <outgoing> town://mail-outgoing </outgoing>
  <delayTime> 21600000 </delayTime>
<maxRetries> 5 </maxRetries>

TIA,
Oki

Re: Outgoing mail spool

Posted by Michael Hosse <mi...@aman.de>.
Hi Oki,

Yes I did.
1. The problem in your configuration is, the "-" in the table name. MySQL
does not accept those names.
2. You must already have such a table in your database, when you start
James. The table-layout for those Message-Tables is always the same as in
e.g. docs/james_messages_mysql.sql

cu
Michael