Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/16 15:29:06 UTC

UserGroupInformation.getLoginUser: failure to login.

Hi hadoop.

I recently ran a spark job that uses the hadoop.security libraries for
login (spark context does this)...

It threw an exception:

java.io.IOException: failure to login
    at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.getLoginUser(UserGroupInformation.java:700)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.getCurrentUser(UserGroupInformation.java:571)
    at
org.apache.spark.util.Utils$$anonfun$getCurrentUserName$1.apply(Utils.scala:2181)
    at
org.apache.spark.util.Utils$$anonfun$getCurrentUserName$1.apply(Utils.scala:2181)
    at scala.Option.getOrElse(Option.scala:120)

And the root exception was:

Caused by: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException:
java.lang.NullPointerException: invalid null input: name

This is running in a docker container.  Is there anything in particular I
need to do to run such containers (i.e. do we have a privileged requirement
for UserGrouInfo or anything like that?)...

--
jay vyas