Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Greg Leidreiter <ge...@ozemail.com.au> on 2000/07/08 06:10:23 UTC

Newbie: make test failure!

Config:
mod_perl-1.24
perl v5.6.0
apache 1.3.12
RedHat linux 6.1, kernel 2.2.12

Using:

	[/usr/local/apahce/build/mod_perl-1.24]# perl Makefile.PL \
	EVERYTHING=1 \
	APACHE_PREFIX=/usr/local/apache

everything seems to look ok (to me) for both this and 'make'
but when I run 'make test'

I get:

	httpd listening on port 8529
	will write error_log to: t/logs/error_log
	letting apache warm up...\c
	done
	/usr/bin/perl t/TEST 0
	still waiting for server to warm up.................not ok
	server failed to start! (please examine t/logs/error_log) at t/TEST line
95.
	make: *** [run_tests] Error 9

which isn't so good I figure. t/logs/error_log says this:

	[Sat July 8 13:34:16 2000] [crit] (98)Addresses already in use: make_sock:
could not 	bind to port 8529

Although the very first time I ran this it fell over with a different error
(which I rather stupidly failed to note and subsequently hosed the log -
it's great being new at this...)

I can also reproduce this behaviour (perhaps not surprisingly) by running
'make start_http' followed by 't/TEST -v modules'

Any insight appreciated!

Cheers,
Greg.

Posted by "G.W. Haywood" <ge...@jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi there,

Re: Newbie: make test failure!

Posted by Michael Robinton <mi...@bizsystems.com>.
On Sat, 8 Jul 2000, Greg Leidreiter wrote:

> Config:
> mod_perl-1.24
> perl v5.6.0
> apache 1.3.12
> RedHat linux 6.1, kernel 2.2.12
>
> Using:
>
> 	[/usr/local/apahce/build/mod_perl-1.24]# perl Makefile.PL \
> 	EVERYTHING=1 \
> 	APACHE_PREFIX=/usr/local/apache
>
> everything seems to look ok (to me) for both this and 'make'
> but when I run 'make test'
>
> I get:

> 	httpd listening on port 8529
> 	will write error_log to: t/logs/error_log
> 	letting apache warm up...\c
> 	done
> 	/usr/bin/perl t/TEST 0
> 	still waiting for server to warm up.................not ok
> 	server failed to start! (please examine t/logs/error_log) at t/TEST line
> 95.
> 	make: *** [run_tests] Error 9

I always get that error. I always ignore the error and everything seems
to work fine. Did the same thing with the older perl and older versions
of apache and mod-perl.

Such is life :-)