Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Denis McCarthy <dm...@fexcodcc.com> on 2006/01/11 15:59:09 UTC

Library 'contrib' not found in application namespace.

Hi,
I'm getting the error mentioned in the subject when I try to access the palette component in a page. Here's the page config:

    <component id="fileGroupPalette" type="contrib:Palette">
        <binding name="model" value="fileGroupModel"/>
        <binding name="selected" value="selectedFileGroups"/>
        <binding name="tableClass" value="literal:palette"/>
        <binding name="displayName" value="literal:Colors"/>
    </component>

I've defined the contrib library in a file called dais.application in WEB-INF (I've tried putting it in WEB-INF/classes as well but to no avail). Here's the relevant definition:

<application name="dais">
        value="com.fexcodcc.dais.web"/>
  <library id="contrib" specification-path="classpath:/org/apache/tapestry/contrib/Contrib.library"/>
</application>

I have a feeling that the dais.application file is not being picked up at all. Are there any requirements such a file has to fulfill for Tapestry to notice its existence, beside it being in WEB-INF and the extension being .application? The app actually uses spring mvc, jsf and tapestry web views. Tapestry handles all requests ending with .html
Thanks
Denis
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and/or privileged and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any review, distribution, dissemination, disclosure, alteration, printing, copying, transmission or use of this email and/or any file transmitted or the information therein is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email and any file transmitted with it in error please notify us by email at postmaster@fexco.com or by telephone at +353 66 97 61258 and then delete the email and all copies of it from your system and destroy any hard copies of the email.
Please note that any views, opinions or advice contained in this communication are those of the sending individual and not necessarily those of FEXCO. Email may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment, and we do not accept liability for any such corruption, interception or amendment or the consequences thereof.
FEXCO and each legal entity in the FEXCO group of companies or business units of FEXCO reserve the right to monitor all email communications through its networks. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for viruses.
www.FEXCO.com

Re: Library 'contrib' not found in application namespace.

Posted by Paul Cantrell <ca...@pobox.com>.
 From the manual (http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/UsersGuide/
configuration.html):

The specification is normally stored under WEB-INF. In fact, Tapestry
performs a search to find the specification:
	• 	 On the classpath, as defined by the
org.apache.tapestry.application-specification configuration property.
	• 	 As /WEB-INF/name/name.application.  The name is the servlet
name. This location  is only used in the rare case of a single WAR
containing multiple Tapestry  applications.
	• 	 As /WEB-INF/name.application.  Again, name is the  servlet name.
This is the standard location.

Also, my entry (which works) doesn't have the "classpath:" prefix.
May not matter.

To see if your config is being picked up, try garbling the XML syntax
and see if you get an error!

Cheers,

Paul