Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sey Fran�ois <fr...@yahoo.com> on 2001/04/24 10:39:35 UTC

I can not use the multi-threading implementation of Tomcat

All,

I am a new user of Tomcat, and I encounter a weird
problem using Multi-threading in spite of it is the
default behaviour in 3.2.1.
Did someone manage to set it up correctly?
Thanks.
Francois.

Below is my configuration

I have set up Tomcat 3.2.1 as a Servlet Engine with
IIS.
I use the isapi_redirect.dll.
In my server.xml I use the pool:

        <!-- Normal HTTP -->
        <Connector

className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
            <Parameter name="handler"

value="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter name="port"
                value="8081"/>
        </Connector>

        <!-- Apache AJP12 support. This is also used
to shut down

tomcat. -->
        <Connector

className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
            <Parameter name="handler"

value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler"/>
 		<Parameter name="port" value="8007"/>
        </Connector>

When I start Tomcat I can not see the multiple
processes in the Task Manager.
When I do some request to my Servlet I can only get
one process.
If the process is really busy (100% of CPU), and I
make another request, the server seems to 'queue' the
tasks.
I know that the Servlet I use support multi-threading,
because when I am using IIS+ Jrun, I have the attended
behaviour (when I start Jrun its creates automatically
the number of processes I have set-up).

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

Re: I can not use the multi-threading implementation of Tomcat

Posted by Morten Rønseth <Mo...@coil.no>.
Undeliverable mail.