Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Matt Bathje <mp...@ntsource.com> on 2004/01/26 18:04:24 UTC

entity includes in tiles-defs.xml (again)

Hi, I asked this question a month or 2 ago, and never got a response, so
thought I'd try again -

Using XML entities, I was able to get my struts-config file broken up into
multiple files.

I am attempting the same thing on my tile-defs.xml file, and when I do it, I
get the following error:

12/16/03 10:56:55 AMERROR org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin init - Can't
create Tiles definition factory for module ''.
ServletInitError: javax.servlet.ServletException: IO Error while parsing
file '/WEB-INF/tiles-defs-admin.xml'.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\kurt-admin-tilesdefs.xml (The system cannot find the
file specified)

So, just to be stupid, I put the full path to the file in the XML enitity
declaration, and that makes it work - but I don't want to have to hard code
that path in.

Here is what works in struts-config:
<!ENTITY kurt-actionmappings SYSTEM "kurt-admin-actionmappings.xml">

Here is what DOESN'T work in tiles-defs:
<!ENTITY kurt-tiledefs SYSTEM "kurt-admin-tilesdefs.xml">

Here is what DOES work in tiles-defs:
<!ENTITY kurt-tiledefs SYSTEM
"C:\Inetpub_Tomcat\rsg_java\struts\pub\WEB-INF\kurt-admin-tilesdefs.xml">

I have also tried doing ./kurt-admin-tilesdefs.xml and
/kurt-admin-tilesdefs.xml but they just give me the same error.

Any ideas about what is going on or how to fix it?

Thanks,
Matt Bathje

Re: entity includes in tiles-defs.xml (again)

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
Try changing this:
> Here is what DOES work in tiles-defs:
> <!ENTITY kurt-tiledefs SYSTEM
> "C:\Inetpub_Tomcat\rsg_java\struts\pub\WEB-INF\kurt-admin-tilesdefs.xml">

to this
<!ENTITY kurt-tiledefs SYSTEM
"/Inetpub_Tomcat/rsg_java/struts/pub/WEB-INF/kurt-admin-tilesdefs.xml">

....normally, "/" will be interpreted as "C:\" or to be more
specific....your system's %SystemDrive%

--
James Mitchell
Software Engineer / Struts Evangelist