Posted to users@pulsar.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2022/05/02 10:38:27 UTC

How to delete consumer?

Hi,
I have a few old consumers laying around in my system.

I can't find a "delete consumer" command anywhere?

Maybe it doesn't matter (other than aesthetics). If so, I just need
confirmation on that the backlog of messages for such consumers are not
preventing messages to be dropped from the topics.

Cheers
Niclas

Re: How to delete consumer?

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On 2022-05-02 17:43, Devin Bost wrote:
> If you disconnect the consumers and remove the subscription, the
> messages will be dropped and won't accumulate on the backlog.

Ok, so perhaps I should have asked "Hot to remove the subscription".

This is mostly (but not only) bin/pulsar-client subscriptions, before I
learned "NonDurable".

Cheers
Niclas

Re: How to delete consumer?

Posted by Devin Bost <db...@overstock.com>.
If you disconnect the consumers and remove the subscription, the messages will be dropped and won't accumulate on the backlog.

Devin Bost
Senior Data Engineer
Sent from mobile

I have a few old consumers laying around in my system.

I can't find a "delete consumer" command anywhere?

Maybe it doesn't matter (other than aesthetics). If so, I just need
confirmation on that the backlog of messages for such consumers are not
preventing messages to be dropped from the topics.

Cheers
Niclas

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is intended only for the use and review of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message solely to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify sender immediately by telephone or return email. Thank you.