Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by DreamEfforts <ar...@yahoo.com> on 2007/09/06 16:52:51 UTC

[users@httpd] Problem with mime types in Apache Http Server

Hi Everyone,

I just need your help, I did configured Apache Http server as proxy server
and blocked the some mime types in configuration file (removed them from
mime.types), but apache server is not restricting those mime types when any
request is sent through it.

I'm sending the those blocked mime types using the HttpURLConnection present
in Java. I set the content type to the header of the request, but still
Apache server is not blocking the request.

Apart from modifying that file, do I need to change any settings in the
configuration files? If you have any idea then please let me know.

Thanks

Re: [users@httpd] Problem with mime types in Apache Http Server

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 9/6/07, DreamEfforts <ar...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I just need your help, I did configured Apache Http server as proxy server
> and blocked the some mime types in configuration file (removed them from
> mime.types), but apache server is not restricting those mime types when any
> request is sent through it.
>
> I'm sending the those blocked mime types using the HttpURLConnection present
> in Java. I set the content type to the header of the request, but still
> Apache server is not blocking the request.
>
> Apart from modifying that file, do I need to change any settings in the
> configuration files? If you have any idea then please let me know.

I can't really figure out what exactly you are trying to do. Certainly
changing mime.types does not in any way effect what apache will serve.
It only affects that meta-data applied to static files. See the
documentation of mod_mime.

If you are trying to make apache filter responses from back-end
sources based on the content-type, then you probably want to look at
something like mod_security.

Joshua.